Thursday, September 4, 2008

Peanut Butter

I just found a new way to eat peanut butter! I grew up on peanut butter (my siblings can testify to this!). We ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every day practically. And when we were broke I would eat peanut butter in more ways than you can imagine! I would put it on a sandwich with pickles or with powdered sugar, often I ate it on apples (granny smith are the best), I would eat it with crackers and the peanut butter would seep through the holes if you didn't eat it fast enough. Oh and of course peanut butter on bananas but when I realized that eating peanut butter with ice cream will cause you to gain weight it made me sad because I really liked that combo. But whenever I can't find something to eat in the kitchen I always go back to the peanut butter, just like today; nothing to eat and I don't even have bread but I realized I could put peanut butter on a granola bar. And it was really very yummy, and satisfying. But most of all eating peanut butter reminds me of my humble beginnings and it always reminds me of all the Lord has done for me since then. Is there something in your life that tends to remind you of Jesus every time you are around it (or a person)? I think that's why I always tend to have peanut butter around. It's always good to be reminded of where you come from so you don't get too cocky about where you are.

Peanut butter...who knew???

2 comments:

Susan said...

Anytime I am around a large body of water it reminds me of the ocean. Growing up in California to be exact. I have many many fond memories of the beach, seagulls, sea lions laying around everywhere, the fog...the kind of fog where you couldn't see the other team you were playing in high school football...it was so foggy that you couldn't see the other side of the stadium, and the sand... the kind of sand you found everywhere and I mean everywhere....even in your crack...yes, you know what I mean! Oh, the joys of the beach....yes, I so miss them....I don't get to listen to the surf too much in Texas!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Popcorn popped the REAL way...on the stove, in a pot with OIL. YUM. I will not give my kids air popped or microwave popped popcorn. ;-)

Plain peanut butter on a spoon is great, too! I always used to snack on that as a kid.