Sunday, March 29, 2009

God's Grace and His gift I was blessed with

I sent this e-mail to my sweet sister in Christ Becca after she forwarded me a story on abortion and I wanted to share. (The link to the news story is at the bottom of the page.)

Becca,

This past week God has done a major work in my heart regarding abortion. For years I was angry and hateful in my heart towards women that have had an abortion. I even said to a very close friend of mine last year (knowing she had had 2 abortions) that, "I would kill myself if I had an abortion." I had no compassion for them, yet I see women all of the time in our ministry that have had an abortion. Just two months ago at our leadership meeting I asked what to say to women like that because I said, "I've never had an abortion." My heart was hardened and this past week God did some pruning! I confessed in my heart of the anger and bitterness, I learned more about abortion and learned that abortion is not only a great act of violence on the unborn but ALSO on the woman herself. A lot of times they LIE to them and tell them it won't hurt, that the fetus is a "blob" and they will walk away with no ill effects...all lies! So I've done a complete 180 in regards to this, on Saturday at my women's group I opened up about my week and I completely broke down in tears because my friend (that I had said those insensitive words to) was there! I was planning on apologizing to her this next week but God arranged it to where I could say I was sorry to her on Saturday instead (in front of all of my friends). It was incredibly healing (and even more humbling)! Another thing is there was an abortion retreat this weekend for our church, for women to get healing on abortion (I did not know that until Saturday)! I'm not sure if I've shared this with you but I have the gift of intercessory prayer, often I will wake up in the middle of the night and pray for someone that God has brought to my attention, I pray in the car, I pray in the shower, often when I'm alone I'm praying for others that God burdens me to pray for. Anyway so, long story long, when you sent me this link I almost fell over! I've been praying for this abortion issue all week and all weekend long. Not really knowing how to pray; how do I pray for the 4,000+ women that will have an abortion every day, how do I pray for our politicians and president to see the absolute heinousness (and ridiculousness) of this, so I prayed in tongues even when God prompted me cause my heart is willing but my spirit and my mind don't know how! It's been a very heavy week to say the least. So upon getting this email it's just confirmation to me that I'm being obedient to God's call, and just more information on how to pray, who to pray for (I can pray for this man, Irving "Bud" Feldcamp).

Thanks friend! God is sooooo good!

Love ya!

Rachel

PS When I came to your house on your b-day it was another reminder of the abortion issue, upon seeing your children and what a blessing they are and how the world makes children seem like a burden and how they take better care of dogs and cats with unborn than they do women!!! It makes NO sense to me. :-(


----- Original Message -----


ABORTION MILL OWNER'S FAMILY TRAGEDY - The tragic plane crash into a Montana grave yard that killed three entire families this past week, has received widespread attention and sympathy. What is not mentioned is that the plane was leased by one of California's largest operators of abortion clinics. The owner of the abortion company often let his family use the plane for pleasure trips, and when it crashed last week he lost two daughters and five grandchildren. The plane crashed into a Catholic cemetery, very near a monument to the victims of abortion.

http://www.lifenews.com/state3989.html

4 comments:

The Mallahan Family said...

Thanks for the link. A friend of mine knows the Feldcamp family. She told me that 3 years ago, they lost a grandson (10 m. old). He was napping with his dad when he slipped between the mattress and the wall. He suffocated to death. The anniversary of his death was March 26 (almost the same day as the plane crash). So sad.

Just like you - I have been really overwhelmed with all of the moral problems in our country (esp. abortion) and it seems like a million people want you to sign some petition, or donate to something, or send a letter to somebody in Congress. It just feels pointless sometimes... Being politically active is not bad - but I have been really feeling that prayer and fasting should be our first response.

Reminds me of Mark 9:14-29. The disciples tried to cast out a demon and couldn't. They ask Jesus why they were unable. Jesus tells them, "This kind can come out only by prayer and fasting."

Rachel said...

This comment came at an amazing time Cheri, I was speaking to a close friend about this very topic today...again...and your note came in on my phone. God is definitely speaking to me about this. I was able to fast through dinner tonight and press into Him about this. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with me! My church is having a prayer meeting tomorrow night, I know where I will be! Maybe we could fast together each week, same day or meal. Are you able to do that? Or do you know of a church organization that does that?

The Mallahan Family said...

How did your prayer meeting go?... I think that is a great idea - I really feel like God is asking me to do this. I think Fridays would be good - since it is the same day Jesus suffered for us. I will start tomorrow. Have you checked out 40daysforlife.com?

Rachel said...

Prayer meeting was great, they do it once a month so I'll be returning to that for sure. Thanks for the link, there is not a 40daysforlife campaign here in my area! I'm not sure if this means God is preparing me to get involved with that in my community, to pray about starting a campaign here (or what?), but I'm definitely praying! Wednesdays work best for me but I will still be praying on Friday mornings especially knowing you are praying that day too. Join me on Wednesday if you can.