Sunday, June 29, 2008

Exercise Challenge

OK I've joined an online exercise challenge thingy! I have been walking for the past 2 weeks oh and I won a 2 month membership to Private Workout here in Flower Mound. That was a sign that it is OK to workout again. You see before when I was working out I was making exercise an idol as well as my body. It was a motivation to be better, to look better, to lose weight and to look...well...really good in jeans! But that was in vain, not for the temple of God, not in thanks to Him but for me...all for me. So now my motivation is different, God has transformed my heart into something different and I am not making exercise a center of my day. It is so great to be able to go hit the gym or go for a walk and not have it control you, or consume you. A good friend of mine Susan told me that I need to take care of my temple so that I can be better for His kingdom and to do the work here that He needs me to do. If I am sick and unhealthy how can I be a help to His kingdom...she has a good point. Thank you Susan. Thanks God.

A Living Sacrifice

Romans 12:1-4
12:1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, [1] by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. [2] 2 Do not be conformed to this world, [3] but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. [4]

No comments: