Monday, March 31, 2008

Not of flesh and blood

Ephesians 6:12

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

This is the verse of the day. After all of the battles going on in our home, I get it now! The Lord has shown me that I can fight and fight with my husband all day, or my children, but the battle is not between me and them, it is between the spiritual forces of evil. Now I can change my prayers, to prayers of protection, prayers of understanding, prayers of submission to the Lord. Right now I feel like David in the battle with the Giant, Goliath. (Thanks Susan for sharing with me about that story.) It is a huge giant, ugly, bearing down on us, roaring it's ugly head. All I need to do is stand up in faith, trusting in the Lord for deliverance. He's won the battle, it's not my battle but the Lords and it has been won. He will be glorified, His name will be known, He will be praised.

2 comments:

David Baumgartner said...

I love this passage...what a reminder that we are truly in a battle for our souls every day. I reember reading this verse a few months ago and feeling that my family was under attack and that I needed to prayer for my kids especially that night. I did...and God came through with His peace and protection. Thanks for a fresh reminder!

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you, man! I can relate to all you're feeling lately. Seems there's so much to juggle and feel at peace with when all I want to do is sit down for just a minute. ;-)

I love you!
Becca