Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Balance & Perfection

In my quiet time today I read a part of Matthew and the part that stuck out to me was Matthew 11:28. "Come to me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest." I love using a thesaurus because I learn so much more when I look up words. The word I looked up was "rest". Here are the words that came up: base, basis, bed, bottom, foundation, ground, underlayer, groundwork, substratum, substrate, substructure, equilibrium, poise, balance, homeostasis (anyone know what that means???), steadiness, stability, ease, spare time, leisure, relaxation and repose. My favorite responses were steadiness, balance and bed. It almost sounds like these words are "perfection" and God IS perfect, especially the last words like equilibrium, poise and steadiness. I often have balance problems, I get car sick and air sick and if I spin around to dance I get sick. And according to His Word He is balanced and poised and firm. He never gets dizzy or sick, He is perfect.

Reading and learning this gives me so much comfort, a comfort I cannot even explain. To serve a God that are all of these words, and He said "Come to me, all..." (Not some, not just black or white, not just the good but all.) He loves us so much, so very very much. It is unfathomable sometimes how much He loves us. God is good, God is perfect...and He desires to give us rest.

No comments: