Thursday, May 22, 2008

Summer Time!

We are now moving into summer break time. Yesterday was Colin's last day of school so today starts the beginning of summer. So many endless possibilities of things to do. My goal for this summer is to get out and to volunteer! I want to go downtown and help feed the homeless, I want to go to the animal shelter and help take care of the animals, I want to go to the different local charity places and help sort out the food and things they get in. Mostly out of all of this I want to show my son the different side of life. To show him how we were created to serve and to give and to worship. I want him to experience those things, to have that good feeling you get from helping others. I pray that God will open his eyes to His world, to loving others and giving back. I will take along my daughter as well when she is not busy with work or summer school. (She has shown great responsibility lately with her new job, and she loves it!) Our church has an activity each summer called "Transform". They find a school in the community that needs major work, they open this to everyone in the church who wants to help and they "transform" the building and peoples lives through the Gospel. I am very excited about this and I can't wait to see how God allows it to all unfold.

No comments: