Thursday, May 8, 2008

we need each other

I went on a field trip today and spent most of my time with my son and his friends and another mom whom I'd met before but have never had the time to sit and talk with her. We talked a lot about our daughters (she has a 12 year old) that are going through teen angst and before the day was over she said she knew God was in our conversation because of some of the things I said. Quite frankly I was nervous about sharing so much with her because I didn't know her that well but it ended up being a blessing to get to know her more and to be able to talk with someone else with similar struggles in life. I love how God works things out like that, I love talking with people and making connections...real connections not fake "surface" like talk. That kind of talk tends to make me feel depressed and out there, alone. But sharing with someone else how God is working in my life, seeing God in everything and just opening up to another human being is what I love. It gives me the warm fuzzies and for that I am so thankful to God for. He is such a good God & when we do things His way (like opening up when it looks scary), everything falls into place.

No comments: